Bone in pork covered in Meat Church Honey Hog rub, soda spritzed every 30 minutes while slow smoked at 225F, then finished in a Cherry Coke bath. This is one of my go-to Pork recipes! It works for sandwiches, salad, over pizza, nachos, and pretty much everything else! I never sauce my pork directly after shredding it. I find I’m able to use it in more recipes, and can taste all of the awesome caramelized flavor when I don’t sauce it👌🏻 (You can always serve it with sauce on the side)
- Meat Church Honey Hog Rub
- Bone in pork
- Cherry Coke
- Preheat the smoker to 225F. (Use Super Smoke if you have it!)
- Cover pork in ½ C rub and place directly on grates.
- Smoke for about 6 hours or until internal temp reads 160F.
- Place pork into a foil pan with 2C Cherry Coke and cover tightly with more foil.
- Turn the smoker up to 275F and cook for an additional 2-3 hours or until internal temp reads (204F). Let rest 1 hour and serve.