Have you ever had those crackers, “chikin in a biskit”? I have fond memories of those crackers being a favorite snack in my youth. So when I saw them in the grocery store a few weeks ago, obviously I had to buy some for my toddler. I decided that although these crackers were great for my son, I needed to make some chicken in a biscuit for my finer adult tastes. Thus, Smoked chicken legs wrapped in Biscuits came about. (thank goodness)
- 8 Chicken Legs
- 1 Can Pillsbury Flaky Biscuits
- 1/3C Apricot Ale Jam ( I used Pot Licker)
- 3T EVOO
- 2–4T Traeger Chicken Seasoning (depending on tatste)
- Set smoker to “smoke” with the lid open for 5 minutes. Close Lid.
- While smoker preheats, toss the chicken legs in the oil and cover in the seasoning.
- Hang on your chicken rack, and “smoke” for 30 Minutes.
- Turn the heat up to (300F) and cook the wing for 20-25 minutes.
- While Legs are cooking, remove the biscuits from canister, and using a very small biscuit cutter or thimble, remove the center. (you can use your hand for this and just rip a hole in it if you need to, but smaller is better! otherwise the biscuit will slide off as it cooks.
- Remove the chicken rack from the smoker and, one by one place the biscuits over the chicken.
- Place the Chicken rack back into the smoker for about 15 minutes. Until the biscuits are golden, and the internal temp of the chicken is at least (165F)
- Keep chicken biscuits inverted until ready to serve. Melt jam in the microwave for about 45 seconds until runny. drizzle over chicken and serve!
- Easy as pie.