Nothing says “I’m sorry” like bread.
- 1 Cup Sourdough start
- 3 Cups water
- 5 cups Flour (bread or AP flour)
- 1 Tablespoon salt.
- More flour for kneading
- Combine all ingredients and stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Spray a large bowl with nonstick spray and let the dough rise overnight.
- The next day pour dough out onto a HEAVILY floured surface and “fold” the dough 8-12x adding more flour as needed. Place the dough back into the sprayed bowl and let it rise 2 hours or until doubled.
- Set smoker to 425F with cast iron inside. Once preheated, line the cast iron with butcher paper and very gently place the dough inside. Cut 2-3 stripes on top with scissors or a sharp knife. Place a lid on the Cast-iron and put back on the grill. Remove the lid after 15-20 minutes and cook an additional 40 minutes without the lid until cooked through. (205F in the center with a probe thermometer)