Breakfast is my JAM. I almost always prefer breakfast food to any other meal of the day. French Toast is perfect too because you can make it in a million different ways, and its basically like having a sandwich right? This is one of my husbands favorite breakfasts that I make, and there is no bacon in sight… (which for him is a BIG DEAL if he’s eating breakfast!) Its Perfect for Brunch and even people who “don’t love nuts” will LOVE this french Toast.
- 6–8 THICK slices Sourdough Bread
- 1C Walnut Crumbs (use a food processor)
- 1/3C Brown Sugar
- 1/2C Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1C Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1t Vanilla
- 2T Honey ( I use Bee Local)
- Pinch cinnamon
- 4–6T Butter
- Combine Walnuts, Brown Sugar, and Bread crumbs in a wide rimmed bowl. Set aside.
- Blend the milk, eggs, vanilla, honey, and cinnamon until well combined. Transfer to a shallow casserole dish.
- Melt 2T Butter in a cast Iron Pan set to medium-low heat.
- Dip a slice of bread into the milk mixture briefly, then into the crumb mixture and cover completely. Shake off excess and place into the cast iron pan and cook about 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Continue with remaining slices of bread, adding more butter to your pan as needed. (I cooked 2 sliced of bread at a time but it depends on how big your pan is!)
- Serve with Fresh Fruit and banana syrup then dust with powdered sugar.