These Cheddar Beer biscuits made with Sierra Nevada Pale Ale are the perfect dish for any summer brunch or BBQ. Extra large, and full of flavor; Serve with gravy, bacon and eggs, or alongside some grilled chicken and veggies and you have summer on a plate.
- 2 Cups Flour
- 3/4 Cups Cold Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 3 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 3/4 Cups @sierranevada Pale Ale
- 2T Butter, melted + 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Combine Flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut the Butter into the flour mix until it resembles a thick cornmeal.
- Use a pastry cutter or forks Mix in the cheese and stir in the beer using a wooden spoon until the dough just comes together.
- Use your hands to create a thin rectangle out of the dough.
- Fold sides in to create an envelope, and flatten again. Repeat folds 5-6 times to create good layers. After the final fold dough should be about 3/4in thick. Use a biscuit cutter or glass to cut rounds (don’t twist the cutter when pulling up, this will make the biscuits flat)
- Place biscuits on a lined sheet pan and cook in a preheated oven and cook for 12-15 minutes until raised and golden.
- Brush biscuits with the melted butter and garlic mix and serve warm.