Favorite New Recipe! This salmon is covered in rub, smoked low and slow on a salt block, and finished with thick teriyaki glaze. Throw the whole thing on a bed of basmati, and dinner is served
- 1 skinless salmon fillet
- Traeger fun and feather rub
- 1 C Teryaki
- 3/4 C Brown Sugar
- 1T Orange zest
- 1t minced Garlic
- 1T Sesame oil
- Place Salt block on the lowest grate of the grill. Turn grill on and set to 225F.
- Combine garlic and sesame oil in a small pan over medium heat. Cook garlic until just starting to brown.
- Add the zest, teryaki, and brown sugar and simmer until reduced by 1/3 (or until it has the consistency of thin syrup)
- Place salmon fillet on a cooling rack or foil -Something you can easily use to transfer to the salt block.
- Cover the top of the Salmon in a thick layer of the rub and slide onto preheated salt block. Cook for 1 hour, then brush with the glaze. Repeat 1-2x every 10 minutes until fillet reads 145F with instant read thermometer (Link in profile if you don’t have one. Trust me, you need it)
- Serve over a bed of basmati and the remaining glaze on the side. 👌🏻
- Hate salmon? Now you’ll love it