I have a thing for s’mores. Lets just get that out there. Anything I could put between graham crackers, I would. After exhausting all of my options there, I decided to just start from scratch and make all the layers however I wanted. Enter the inside out s’more. This marshmallow recipe is great on its own, but I really wanted to make it stand out in this recipe so I added a little vanilla bean an it was amazing!
- Brownie Mix
- 2–3 bars white chocolate
- 1C Water
- 3 Envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2C Sugar
- 1/2C Karo Syrup
- 1/2t Salt
- 1Vanilla Bean
- 1C powdered Sugar
- 1T Cornstarch
- (I used a double batch of ghirardelli) Bake according to instructions. Use parchment paper on the bottom! Remove from pan while still hot. Roll out while still warm to about 1/2in. Use powdered sugar on your rolling surface.
- When the brownies are MOSTLY but not FULLY cool, use a biscuit cutter to cut the brownies into circles.
- Smash the scraps together and continue making brownie rounds until you’ve used all the brownie. a 9×13 pan Should make about 24 rounds.
- Let cool.
- Mix gelatin and 1/2C water in a stand mixer.
- In a saucepan combine sugar, karo syrup, other 1/2C Sugar, and salt over medium heat. Bing to a rolling boil for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- While mixing the gelatin with the wisk attachment on low speed, Add the sugar mixture to the gelatin SLOWLY.
- Turn the mixer to HIGH and whip for 12 minutes until the mixture is very thick an fluffy. After 12 minutes, add the vanilla bean and mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a heavily buttered 9×13 (depending on how thick you want your mallows) pan and tightly cover with plastic wrap for a few hours, or even overnight.
- Once set, Dust the countertop in the sugar/cornstarch mix and flip the pan out onto the sugared surface. Cut marshmallows into squares, and cover each one in powdered sugar.
- Try not to eat them all.
- Toast the marshmallows (I used my gas stove) and press them between 2 brownie rounds and a piece of white chocolate.
These marshmallows toast faster than your regular run of the mill mallows. Press the brownies on top of the toasted mallows and hold for a minute or two so it wont slide off!
VIOLA! best dessert ever!