Hickory smoked and reverse seared in browned butter.
- New York steak
- Avocado oil
- Favorite rub
- Rub each steak in a little avocado oil, cover in your favorite rub(s), and smoke directly on the grates at 225F for one hour or until an internal temp of 115F.
- Remove from the smoker and wrap in foil to rest.
- Place cast iron pan or griddle in the smoker and set to 450F or “high”.
- Once preheated, add 1-2 T butter to the cast iron and let brown slightly.
- Sear the steaks for 1-2 minutes per side. Internal temp should reach 140F.