Roasted Lemon Chicken with rosemary and bone broth braised carrots. Roasted chicken is a favorite of mine, and it’s the perfect way to make a one pan meal. (And use up all those root vegetables you were hoarding 😂) You can use a roasting pan OR just set chicken on top of a stack of onions in a baking dish.
- Avocado oil or olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon zest
- Chopped rosemary
- Carrots (or potatoes, squash, asparagus, green beans, any veggie really)
- Heat oven to 425F
- Stuff the chickens with onions, lemons, and rosemary.
- Cover in avocado or olive oil, salt and pepper, lemon zest, and chopped rosemary.
- Arrange carrots and onions (or potatoes, squash, asparagus, green beans, any veggie really) in the base of the pan.
- Place pan in the grill and cook for 15 min. Turn the heat to 375F and add bone broth to the base, NOT on the chicken. Cook for an additional 30+ min or until a probe thermometer placed into the thickest part of the meat reads 165F.
- Serve the chicken and braised veggies with a slice of fresh lemon then save the pan liquid to make soups or sauces later