Potatoes are pretty much a perfect side, no matter the main course. Hasselback potatoes are great, because you get thin, crispy, chip-like pieces, along with a soft and flavorful baked potato-esque base.
- 4 Potatoes (golden,russet,etc)
- 1/2C EVOO
- 10–12 Slices Gouda, cut into silver dollar sized squares
- 1T Everything Seasoning (If you don’t have a Trader Joes close, ask the bakery at your local grocery store to sell you some!)
- *optional* 1t Parsley for garnish
- Wash Potatoes and dry completely. Preheat smoker to (400F)
- Cut super thin slices into the potato without cutting all the way through.
- *Place the potato between 2 wooden spoons and slice down until you get to the spoons! They’ll keep you from cutting all the way through!*
- Put the potatoes into a large bowl and cover with the oil. Use your hands to make sure to get oil into every cut and on both sides of the slices.
- Place the potatoes on one piece of foil and layer the Gouda squares between every other slice. Some of the Gouda should still be sticking out of the potato. Cover in the everything Seasoning, all the skin too!
- Place the foil down and potatoes on the grill grates and smoke for about 45 minutes, or until the center of the potato is soft when poked with a fork. Keep an eye on the cheese to make sure its not getting too dark.
- Garnish with parsley, and serve immediately