Smoked Pork Shoulder with a caramelized Guinness crust
- 11 oz bottle Guinness
- 1 Pork Shoulder, bone in
- 3T Honey Hong rub
- 1T Traeger Coffee Rub
- 1 can Dr Pepper
- ¼ C Dark brown sugar
- 11oz Bottle Guinness
- ½ C Traeger Texas Spicy BBQ sauce
- ½ C Apple cider Vinegar
- ¾ C Brown sugar
- Inject trimmed pork shoulder at room temp with ½ of the Guinness.
- Cover in the honey and Coffee Rubs and place directly on grates.
- Combine the Dr Pepper and other half of the Guinness in a spray bottle. Be sure to spray the mixture over the pork every 20-30 min.
- Smoke with pecan or apple wood at 225F for an internal temp of 160F.
- Place pork in a foil pan, and add whatever liquid is left in the spray bottle to the bottom.
- Sprinkle the top with brown sugar and tent with foil. Continue to Cook at 275F until internal temp of 204F.
- Serve with Guinness sauce.
- For the Guinness sauce, bring all of the ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan, then lower heat and simmer to reduce for about 30 minutes. (it should be about the consistency of syrup when cool) *THIS SAUCE IS AMAZING you may want to double the recipe*