These giants ribs were pecan smoked and flavored with honey mustard, Black Rub, and Dr.Pepper. A great combo of rich dark color and surprisingly sweet flavor.
Pro Tip: open the can of Dr. Pepper the night before you use it. Spraying a flat soda is way easier.
- Trim ribs lightly of any excess or very thick fat.
- Score the membrane on the bottom of the ribs but do not remove fully.
- Cover all sides of the trimmed ribs in a thin layer of the Honey mustard, and layer with rub.
- Allow the meat to rest at room temperature while the grill heats to (250F).
- Place ribs bone side down on the lowest rack.
- After the first hour, spritz the ribs with the Dr. Pepper every 30 minutes for the rest of the cook. The ribs are done when a meat thermometer can easily go into the thickest part of the meat (like butter👌🏻) For me thats usually after 8-9 hours and internal temps of between 200F and 205F.