This dish takes no time at all, but looks like you worked all day to make something extra fancy! The flavor is amazing and it’s SO pretty. Is there a better way to get your veggies in than by wrapping them in meat? I say no.
- 2 Bunches Asparagus
- 6 Slices top round steak. (about 12 in by 2 in ea.)
- 1T seasoning (I used sundown rubs and seasonings, beef flavor)
- 2T EVOO
- 1/2t Honey
- S&P to taste
- Toss the asparagus in 1T EVOO and sprinkle in S&P. Line a baking sheet with foil and Roast in the oven at (400F) about 10 minutes until par-baked. Remove from oven and let cool. (If you’re using really thin slices of asparagus you could probably skip this step and just wrap them directly in the meat)
- While asparagus is baking turn the smoker to the smoke setting for about 5 minutes until the fire is established. Turn to high.
- Brush the meat with 1T EVOO and honey, then sprinkle generously with seasoning. Wrap the meat tight around about 7 pieces of asparagus. No need to secure 😉 Place the asparagus bundles directly on the grate about 10 minutes on one side, and 2-3 minutes on the other.
- Serve right off the grill. Look like a PRO.