Spatchcocked, marinated and Grilled to crispy perfection; this dish is a fun way to mix up a classic recipe by adding some extra spice and a touch of heat
- 1 full fryer chicken, spatchcocked
- 1 full bottle of Jamaican Jerk marinade/sauce
- 2–3 Tablespoon Jamaican Jerk seasoning.
- After rinsing and spatchcocking the chicken place it into a large bowl and pour the Jamaican Marinade over the top making sure to pour some marinade under the skin of the breasts and thighs. If you need to, add some water to the marinade until the chicken is fully covered. Cover the bowl and refrigerate 24 hours.
- The next day, preheat Smoker to 400F.
- Remove the chicken from the bowl and discard marinade.
- Cover the whole chicken (tip and bottom) in a layer of the Jamaican Jerk seasoning and place directly onto the bottom grate of the preheated grill.
- Cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F