Reverse seared tri tip with salted honey butter
- Tri tip
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Favorite Rub (Traeger rub or smokey bowes rub are both great)
- 4T unsalted butter
- 2t honey
- Flake salt
- Trim any excess fat from the tri tip.
- Cover in EVOO and your favorite rub
- Set smoker to 225F with “super smoke” if you have it (ALWAYS super smoke)
- Place Tritip directly on grates and smoke for about 2 hours or until internal temp hits 135F
- Remove from Grill and wrap in foil.
- Preheat Smoker to 450F
- While the grill preheats, combine 4T unsalted butter with 2t Honey. Spoon the Honey-Butter onto a square of wax paper and roll into a “log”
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes
- Return the tri tip to the grill and sear about 5-7 minutes per side (depending on how well done you’d like it)
- Remove from grill, wrap in foil, and let rest for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Once Butter is hardened, remove from wax paper and roll in a thin layer of flake salt
- Slice into thin rounds, and allow to melt over Tri tip.
- Slice meat against the grain, and serve.