Smoked Rack of Pork complete with crackling and a flake salt crust. Served with a fresh Peach and Pepper Jelly Chutney.
- Rack of pork (10-12 bones)
- 1–2 T avocado oil
- Flake salt
- The day before serving, thoroughly dry off the entire cut, and score the top (fat portion) of the rack into small cubes using a criss cross cut with a sharp knife. Do not cut into the muscle!
- Place in a sheet pan and refrigerate UNCOVERED overnight.
- When ready to cook, remove from the fridge and let sit on the countertop for 45 min to an hour.
- Preheat grill to 500F
- Cover the entire rack of ribs in oil making sure to massage and get in between all the scoring. Add flake salt, and pepper to all sides (cover in a little more salt than you think you should ). Place directly on grates for 20 minutes to let the fat crisp. Reduce the temp to 325F and cook an additional hour or until you get an internal temp of 145-150F. Let rest for 10 min. Serve.