This is a perfect dessert for get togethers and potlucks, not to mention it’s only SIX ingredients!
- 2 Premade Angel food Cakes, cut into bite sized cubes
- 2C Heavy Whipping Cream
- ⅓ C Sugar
- 1T Smoked Simple Syrup
- 3C Strawberries, chopped
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Combine the Heavy cream, simple syrup, and sugar in a mixer and whip to stiff peaks. Set aside.
- Combine the lemon zest and strawberries. Set aside.
- Using a clear trifle dish, layer half of the angel food cubes into the bottom of the dish (Smash them if you need to). Top with half of the whipped cream and spread into an even layer. Top the cream with ¾ of the berries, and repeat once more. Be sure to center the remaining berries in the center of the dish, and garnish with edible flowers.
- Refrigerate until you serve it!
- Pro Tip: Don’t add sugar to the strawberries unless you plan on serving it directly! They’ll get mushy faster and compromise the integrity of the cake.