Or would this be considered a chicken sandwich? Either way you get the best of your main dish and side in one portable snack.
- 8 Chicken Legs
- 1 Can Pillsbury Flaky Biscuits
- 1/3 C Apricot Ale Jam
- 2T avocado oil
- 2–4T Meat Church honey hog Rub
- Set smoker to 350F.
- While smoker preheats, toss the chicken legs in the oil and cover in the seasoning.
- Hang on your chicken rack, and cook for about 30 Minutes.
- While Legs are cooking, remove the biscuits from canister, and using a very small biscuit cutter or thimble, remove the center. ProTip👩🏼🍳:you can use your hand for this and just rip a hole in it if you need to, but smaller is better! otherwise the biscuit will slide off as it cooks.
- Remove the chicken rack from the smoker and, one by one, place the biscuits over the chicken.
- Place the Chicken rack back into the smoker for about 15 minutes. Until the biscuits are golden, and the internal temp of the chicken is at least (165F)
- Keep chicken biscuits inverted until ready to serve. Melt jam in the microwave for about 45 seconds until runny. drizzle over chicken and biscuit and serve!