Does anyone else like the garlic knots more than the pizza sometimes? Just wait until you add a kiss of smoke.
- Knot dough
- 1.5 Cups warm water
- 2 t Sugar
- 1 package of yeast
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 t salt
- 4T Butter
- 2 Cloves garlic, chopped small
- 1 T chopped Parsley
- 1 T Flake Salt
- Combine warm water, sugar and yeast in a large bowl. Add the flour, olive oil, and salt and mix for about 5 minutes until sticky yet manageable.
- Cover a bowl in a layer of olive oil and place the dough inside. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled.
- Set grill to 475F
- Flour a cutting board well so the dough ball doesn’t stick. Use a bench cutter or knife to cut dough into small baseball sized pieces. Roll/stretch balls into short ropes and tie into knots. Place knots on a parchment lined sheet pan and cook for about 10 minutes or until knots are golden and cooked through.
- While the knots are cooking, combine butter and garlic in a small saucepan and cook on medium/low until the butter is foamy and the garlic is starting to brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- After the knots have cooled slightly remove them from the sheet pan and place them in a large bowl with the butter/garlic mix, parsley, and salt.
- Toss all ingredients together until the knots are well coated. Be sure to scrape the bowl of anything that remains and top any knots that need it.
- Serve warm.